At Serta International, we’re committed to making the world a more comfortable place for everyone. As part of this commitment, we’ve been and remain invested in reducing our carbon footprint while producing the high-quality products you know and love from the Serta brand.
Eco-Friendly Mattress Components
- 100% of Serta innersprings and box springs are made from 95% post-industrial recycled steel.
- The wood in our foundations is sourced from forests that are certified as sustainable by the Forest Stewardship Council.
- Many of the fabrics used in Serta mattress covers meet the Oeko-Tex 100 standard for manufacturing without the use of harmful substances, including cover fabrics made from natural bamboo and/or pure organic cotton.
- Serta uses latex made from a natural/synthetic latex blend that is naturally anti-microbial and allergen resistant. It is made to the Oeko-Tex 100 standard for manufacturing without the use of harmful substances.
- All of Serta’s foams are made without the use of PBDE flame-retardans, CFCs, lead, mercury, prohibited phthalates and other potentially harmful materials. Soy-based foams are used in multiple product lines.
- ISerta’s fire retardant barriers are made primarily from cotton or other cellulosic renewable fibers and use no harmful chemicals or processes.
- All Serta insulator pads are made from virgin recycled garment clips.
Energy & Waste Reducing Mattress Manufacturing Process
- All remnant scrap of mattress ticking, foam, wood, steel and plastic is recycled
- All crating materials for innersprings are recycled.
- Serta Mattress’ plants and suppliers are located near our customers to minimize transportation cost and fuel consumption.
- We have reduced secondary packaging to less than 5% of product weight.
- All Serta products are manufactured on a “Just in Time” schedule, reducing unnecessary energy use, minimizing waste and allowing for less warehousing.